Project Remember files
Project Remember, under the direction of visiting professor of history Don Campbell and the University Archives, was established in 1991 to document West Michigan's and the University's experience with the Persian Gulf War. In particular, it hoped to record the experiences of the West Michigan community, the approximately 34 students serving in the Persian Gulf from Grand Valley, and reaction of the campus community to war. The Project Remember files includes project files, press articles and clippings about the project and the war, correspondence from enlistees and their families, correspondence from politicians, reference files, materials submitted by the community, and 3 audio tapes and 1 diary from students. Audio-tapes were transcribed in 2011. Video tape student satire TV show, "2 You from GVSU", dedicated to the troops (2 copies).
- Grand Valley State University. History Department (Organization)
Access to Material
Collection is open for research use. Materials may be accessed by request at Special Collections and University Archives in Seidman House. Materials do not circulate.
For information on copyright or permissions for this collection, contact Grand Valley State University Special Collections.
0.7 Linear feet (3 boxes)
- Files (Records) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Grand Valley State University
- Michigan Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Persian Gulf War, 1991 -- Personal narratives, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Veterans Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Project Remember files
- Special Collections & University Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description