Dewey Hoitenga administrative files
Series — Multiple Containers
Dewey Hoitenga joined Grand Valley's faculty in 1965 and retired in 2001. During his years at Grand Valley, he chaired the All-College Academic Senate, Social Studies Division, College of Arts and Sciences, and twice served as chair of the Arts and Humanities Division. He served on the Dean’s Executive Council and President’s Executive Council. He also helped to develop the Liberal Arts and Religious Studies Programs, as well as the General Education and Graduate Study Programs. He chaired the Philosophy Department from 1975-77 and 1979-88. Hoitenga died on July 25, 2005 at age 74. The collection contains meeting minutes, agendas, notes, and supplementary materials for the committees, task forces, and other groups that Hoitenga either participated in or chaired.
- Hoitenga, Dewey (Person)
Access to Materials
Collection is open for research use. Materials may be accessed by request at Special Collections and University Archives in Seidman House. Materials do not circulate.
For information on copyright or permissions for this collection, contact Grand Valley State University Special Collections.
1.4 Linear feet (4 cartons)
- Files (Records) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Grand Valley State University
- Michigan Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Universities and colleges Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dewey Hoitenga administrative files
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard