Icie Macy Hoobler's Grand Valley State College Board of Control files and professional publications
The Icie Macy-Hoobler collection documents the activities of the Board of Control at Grand Valley State College. The collection includes notes on the site selection of the school, general files of the Board of Control, self studies, newspaper clippings and reports from the state of Michigan. The publications include articles and books written by Icie Macy-Hoobler on the health and nutrition of children and mothers.
- Hoobler, Icie Gertrude Macy (Person)
Access to Materials
Collection is open for research use. Materials may be accessed by request at Special Collections and University Archives in Seidman House. Materials do not circulate.
For information on copyright or permissions for this collection, contact Grand Valley State University Special Collections.
Icie Macy-Hoobler studied nutrition at Yale University. In 1923 she established the nutritional research program at the Merrill-Palmer Institute and the Children's Hospital of Michigan. Her research was focused on the health of mothers and children, and how nutrition affects the growth of children, and authored a number of books on the subject. In 1944 she was elected President of the American Institute of Nutrition. She was also the first woman selected as chairman for the American Cancer Society, and directed the Children's Fund of Michigan for over 20 years. She was one of the original members of the Board of Control of Grand Valley, and served from 1960-1968.
2.0 Linear feet (1 carton and 4 half boxes)
Arranged in 2 series 1) Board of Control files, 2) Publications.
Source of Acquisition
Acquired in 1985.
- College administrators Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Files (Records) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Grand Valley State University
- Michigan Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nutrition Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Publications Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Universities and colleges Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Icie Macy Hoobler's Grand Valley State College Board of Control files and professional publications, RHC-40
- Special Collections & University Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description