19th and 20th century literary correspondence
Collection of 19th and early 20th century correspondence and autographs from American authors. Includes personal and official routine correspondence primarily to and from American writers, including Louisa May Alcott, Christopher Morley, H.L. Mencken, Bertrand Russell, Carl Sandburg, Upton Sinclair, and Erle Stanley Garnder. Collected by Harvey E. Lemmen.
- Lemmen, Harvey (Collector, Person)
Access to Materials
Collection is open for research use. Materials may be accessed by request at Special Collections and University Archives in Seidman House. Materials do not circulate.
For information on copyright or permissions for this collection, contact Grand Valley State University Special Collections.
0.42 Linear feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
Preservica Internal URL
Preservica Public URL
Source of Acquisition
Acquired from Harvey E. Lemmen in 1995.
- Mencken, H.L. (Henry Louis), 1880-1956
- Alcott, Louisa May, 1832-1888
- Authors, American -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gardner, Erle Stanley, 1889-1970
- Morley, Christopher, 1890-1957
- Russell, Bertrand, 1872-1970
- Sandburg, Carl, 1878-1967
- Sinclair, Upton, 1878-1968
- 19th and 20th century literary correspondence, RHC-46
- Special Collections & University Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note