Floyd E. Westfall papers
Collection includes diaries kept by Westfall during high school and college, cash account books kept in high school until 1925, and a small notebook of unidentified code; insurance and legal records, and a small brown medicine bottle make up the rest of the collection.
- Westfall, Floyd E. (Person)
Access to Materials
Collection is open for research use. Materials may be accessed by request at Special Collections and University Archives in Seidman House. Materials do not circulate.
For information on copyright or permissions for this collection, contact Grand Valley State University Special Collections.
Floyd E. Westfall was born in Niles, Michigan on May 20th, 1876. He graduated from Niles High School, and in 1899, he graduated from the University of Michigan with interest in the Homeopathic Department. He was a member of the American Institute of Homeopathy in which he was the assistant to the chair of theory and practice (1901-1904), and assistant to chair of surgery in 1904. He purchased the medical practice of Perry W. Cornue, M.D. in Ypsilanti in 1904. Westfall married Kate R. Thompson and had two children. Westfall died in October 1972. He is buried in the Silverbrook Cemetery in Niles, Michigan.
0.25 Linear feet (1 flat box)
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Acquired by Robert Beasecker 11 January 2012 Sally Ivey MacNamara, Collector of the Handwritten Word.
- Cornue, Perry W.
- Diaries Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Homeopathy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Medicine -- Practice -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Michigan. Homeopathic Department
- Westfall, Kate R. Thompson
- Ypsilanti (Mich.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Floyd E. Westfall papers, RHC-61
- Special Collections & University Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note