Abraham Lincoln scrapbooks and ephemera
The collection consists of materials, compiled by collector Harvey E. Lemmen, as part of his extensive book, manuscript, ephemera and art collection on the life and death of the 16th President of the United States, Abraham Lincoln. Three large scrapbooks of newspaper clippings and articles from local and national press are titled, v. 1 Lincolniana: his assassination and funeral; v.2 Lincoln in pictures; v. 3 Lincoln in advertising. The boxes contain additional scrapbooks and loose scrapbook pages, auction/sales cards, correspondence with dealers, iconography, inventories, photos, reproductions, portraits, stamp and postcard materials, travel guides, calendars, brochures, and other ephemera related to Lincoln.
- Lemmen, Harvey (Compiler, Person)
Access to Materials
Collection is open for research use. Materials may be accessed by request at Special Collections and University Archives in Seidman House. Materials do not circulate.
6 Linear feet (3 oversize volumes, 13 slim boxes, and 1 flat box)
Arranged in 2 series: 1) Scrapbooks and clippings; 2) Ephemera
Source of Acquisition
Acquired from Harvey E. Lemmen in 1992.
- Assassination Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- Presidents -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Printed ephemera Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Abraham Lincoln scrapbooks and ephemera, RHC-67
- Special Collections & University Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description