Limited Editions Club records
Collection includes correspondence between George Macy and book designers, illustrators, printers, editors and authors. The collection also includes first-day cover for a stamp in commemoration of the Festival of Britain 1851-1951, designed and signed by Edmond Dulac, sketches by illustrators, correspondence from T.M. Cleland to Philip Duschnes, and from Sidney Shiff to Harvey Lemmen, club announcements and ephemera. Also includes guestbook used for the exhibition of the George Macy Memorial Collection of books published by the Limited Editions Club, part two, 1957-1968 held in the rotunda of the Low Memorial Library, Columbia University, from 27 November 1968 to 14 February 1969. The guestbook contains signatures of individuals who attended the exhibition, including many famous for their connection to the Club.
- Limited Editions Club (Organization)
Access to Materials
Collection is open for research use. Materials may be accessed by request at Special Collections and University Archives in Seidman House. Materials do not circulate.
For information on copyright or permissions for this collection, contact Grand Valley State University Special Collections.
0.35 Linear feet (1 box)
The Limited Editions Club was founded in 1929 by George Macy to publish finely made and finely illustrated limited editions of the classics of literature - and a few carefully selected contemporary titles. The Limited Editions Club issued up to twelve books each year to a small group of subscribers.
Source of Acquisition
Donated by Harvey Lemmen.
- Limited Editions Club records, RHC-68
- Special Collections & University Archives
- Description rules
- Language of description