Abraham Lincoln glass plate copy negative
An 8 X 10 glass plate copy negative of the photographic portrait, taken by an unknown photographer, from the portrait of Abraham Lincoln by Matthew Brady in 1862. A digital scan and digital print reproduction from the image is also included.
Access to Materials
Collection is open for research use. Materials may be accessed by request at Special Collections and University Archives in Seidman House. Materials do not circulate.
For information on copyright or permissions for this collection, contact Grand Valley State University Special Collections.
0.05 Linear feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
Acquired from the daughters of Dr. John Pool who purchased the glass plate at an antique shop in New Hampshire in 1965. He initially believed the negative was the original, but discovered that the original is housed in the National Archives.
- Brady, Matthew B., approximately 1823-1896 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photography -- Negatives Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Abraham Lincoln glass plate copy negative, RHC-78
- Special Collections & University Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Grand Valley State University Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1 Campus Drive
Allendale MI 49401 United States