Michigan Philanthropy Oral History Project interviews
Scope and Contents
Oral histories collected from 2006 to 2008, based on the StoryCorps model, which take the form of conversations between friends, family members, or colleauges focused on their motivations, experiences and aspirations related to their experience with philanthropy. Each session is guided by a trained StoryCorps Door-to-door facilitator and framed by a set of guiding questions. Each oral history is 40 minutes in length.
- 2006 - 2008
Access to Materials
Collection is open for research use. Materials may be accessed by request at Special Collections and University Archives in Seidman House. Materials do not circulate.
For information on copyright or permissions for this collection, contact Grand Valley State University Special Collections.
The Michigan Philanthropy Oral History Project was initiated in 2006 as a long-term partnership between the Council of Michigan Foundations, StoryCorps, Michigan Radio and the Dorothy A. Johnson Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership at Grand Valley State University to create an oral history of Michigan philanthropy. The project intended to capture the stories of foundation and community leaders engaged in or affected by philanthropy in Michigan, and to raise public awareness and contribute to scholarly research about Michigan philanthropy.
Language of Materials
Preservica Internal URL
Preservica Public URL
Alternative Format Available
Recordings in this collection are copies of files created and owned by StoryCorps.
- Charities Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Family foundations -- Michigan Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Philanthropy and society -- Personal narratives Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Michigan Philanthropy Oral History Project interviews
- Special Collections & University Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note