Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 338
In 1964, the AAPC created a committee to plan a conference for February 23-25 that invited speakers from neighboring colleges and scholars with a national reputation, student submission of papers in english, philosophy, and history, and music. Includes report to the Academic Affairs Policy Council and list of speakers that were, or were going to be, approached for an invitation to the event.
The Decentralization Subcommittee, who reported to the Academic Affairs Policy Council, was created to give a complete overview and identify all possible objections to decentralization and to identify the degree to which they may or may not be valid. Collection contains reports of the Decentralization Subcommittee to the Academic Affairs Policy Council regarding the decentralization of the university into semi-autonomous units.
The Faculty Handbook Subcommittee, a committee of the Academic Affairs Policy Council, was charged with determining the information that would be included and operations for the publication of the faculty handbook. Collection contains meeting minutes for the Faculty Handbook Subcommittee.
Advise the library on possible areas of library development as perceived by the faculty; to react to issues brought to them from the Library; to serve as a communication channel; to recommend to the Academic Senate in a timely manner on major policy issues and matters of general concern as identified by the Committee. Collection contains meeting minutes of the Committee.
The Role of Religion on Campus Subcommittee was created to make recommendations on the adoption of a college policy statement, plan for student religious ministries and organizations, an Academic Affairs Division policy governing religion in curriculum, and create a Committee on Public Programs. Collection contains minutes and memorandums of the committee.
The Student Conduct Subcommittee was created to write an honor code, student code of conduct for the control of student behavior on campus, and an appeal process. Collection contains meeting minutes, agendas, memorandums, and supportive data.
The Sub-Committee to Study Prizes was created to determine and grant awards for honors students. Collection contains reports, memorandums, and meeting minutes.
The Academic Administration was comprised of President Lubbers and Vice Presidents Niemeyer and Loessin. It met from 1975-1976 to make decisions regarding academic budget priorities for each of the colleges, faculty and staff funds, and determine other academic policies. The collection includes meeting minutes, agendas, and memorandums from the Academic Administration.
Reports, self-assessments, applications, strategic plans, and other documents relating to the institutional and departmental accreditation of Grand Valley State University.
The Academic Calendar was a calendar that marked various campus events and was distributed to the Grand Valley community for the academic year and later for each semester. A later version of the Academic Calendar was created for the 2002-2003 academic year.
Audit and accountant reports of Grand Valley's assets from 1968 to 1977. These annual audits were performed by external certified public accounting firms. These reports differ from internal audits by determining the adequacy of internal financial control and compliance with Government regulations and University policies.
Student Activities semester resource guide-at-a-glance followed by GV Guide.
Student political intellectual newspaper published by a student organization of the same name. Almanac was intended to stimulate the minds of readers, present a broad range of issues, and serve as a problem solving and information organization. Published October 26, 1977 and November 8, 1977.
Directories of names, addresses, year graduated, degree, and occupation of alumni of Grand Valley State College, Colleges, or University. Later directories have phone number, email address, and family information. Also includes reunion directories for the pioneer class of 1967, as well as class of 1969. Reunion years include 1968, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1997, 2001, 2003
Files include founding documents of the Grand Valley Alumni Association, directories, Distinguished Alumni awards, program and events files.
Publication of the Alumni Office. Official publication of GVSC Alumni Association containing GVSC news, updates on campus life, and connection opportunities. Formerly titled Alumni Office Magazine. Spring 1970-Fall 1970
Student literary publication of writings, artwork, and photography submitted by students and selected by the editors. Succeeded by Italics and Fishladder. Missing issues 1973, 1981, 1983-1988.
Class schedules include some from Thomas Jefferson College and William James College. Catalogs offered online only after 2007.
Collaborative newsletter by Advising Resource Center and Multicultural Affairs Office.
Combined newsletter for Africa and African American Studies, East Asian Studies, Latin American Studies, and Middle East Studies.
Newsletter for Community for Arts Center of Thomas Jefferson College containing information about theatre, music, and the arts. Published 7 times a year. September 1974-May 1975.
Continuation of Humanities News, Research and Development Center newsletter.
Starting in 2007, Grand Valley State University Libraries has annually recognized and honored faculty and staff who published work within the past year. Publication examples include books, chapters, articles, proceeding papers, visual media, short stories, or other published work. A printed bibliography citing accomplishments is created in conjunction with this event.
Radical political student alternative newspaper published as a collective effort by the Duck-Pond Coop. Published in 3 issues from February 17, March 10, and April 20, 1971.
- Names: Grand Valley State University X
- Universities and colleges 324
- Michigan 320
- Publications 224
- Files (Records) 90
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty 14
- College administrators 10
- Academic libraries 7
- Allendale (Mich.) 7
- Foreign study 7
- Public television 7
- Science -- Study and teaching 7
- Accreditation 6
- Business 6
- Grand Rapids (Mich.) 6
- Photographs 6
- Education 5
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae -- United States 5
- Universities and colleges -- Graduate work 5
- College publicity 4
- Instructional television programs 4 ∧ less
- Grand Valley State University. Division of Student Services 36
- Grand Valley State Colleges. William James College 17
- Grand Valley State University. Dean of Students Office 17
- Grand Valley State University. University Communications 16
- Grand Valley State Colleges. Thomas Jefferson College 13
- Grand Valley State University. Regional Math and Science Center 10
- Grand Valley State University. Seidman College of Business 9
- Grand Valley State University. College of Liberal Arts and Sciences 8
- Grand Valley State University. Counseling and Career Development Center 8
- Grand Valley State University. Padnos International Center 7
- Grand Valley State University. Business and Finance 6
- Grand Valley State University. Office of Graduate Studies 6
- Grand Valley State University. Robert B. Annis Water Resources Institute 6
- Grand Valley State University. University Libraries 6
- WGVC (Television station : Allendale, Mich.) 6
- Grand Valley State University. Office of the President 5
- Grand Valley State University. Office of the Provost 5
- Grand Valley State University. Alumni Association 4
- Grand Valley State University. Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies. Area Studies Department 4 ∧ less